Simple Vegan Bolognese Sauce
Need to get a healthy dinner on the table in 15 minutes? This simple vegan bolognese sauce is the answer. And it's sure to become a family favourite.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Makes 600 g (4 serves)
- 8 med sun-dried tomato halves (50g)
- 3 med tomatoes , fresh, chopped (300g)
- 2 med medjool dates (40g)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp instant stock mix or 1/2 a stock cube
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs or mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup water (125g)
- 200 g mushrooms , processed or lentils or textured vegetable protein (TVP, not soy-free)
Blend all ingredients (except mushrooms, lentils or TVP) until smooth.
Add a little extra water if fresh tomatoes are not very juicy or if sundried tomatoes are very dry.
Put mixture in saucepan with mushrooms (or lentils or TVP), bring gently to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serve over pasta, rice, noodles or spiralised zucchini.
- Before: -
- During: 15 minutes
- After: -
- Need: Blender, stove
Serving: 190g; Calories: 114kcal; Carbohydrates: 23.4g; Protein: 5.8g; Fat: 1g; Saturated Fat: 0.2g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g; Cholesterol: 1mg; Sodium: 320mg; Potassium: 988mg; Fiber: 4.4g; Sugar: 15.1g; Vitamin A: 750IU; Vitamin C: 20.6mg; Calcium: 40mg; Iron: 2.2mg