Hot summer days remind me of growing up on our farm, working up a sweat under a blazing hot sun, and then cooling off with endless drinks of sweet and sticky cordial.
My cordial-soaked days are long gone, but I still enjoy sipping a cool, refreshing drink on a warm, sunny day.
This raw raspberry cordial juice tastes just like genuine raspberry cordial to me, and with any luck, it will to your kids as well.
It’s sweet, sticky and colourful, just like raspberry cordial, but with a bucket less artificial colours and added sugar.
And it might even contain a bunch of healthy nutrients and stuff like that.
Sssshhhhhh! Just don’t tell the kids.
Serve it up with a reluctant sigh (wouldn’t you rather be downing this delicious brew yourself?) and they might just think it’s safe to drink.
And it’s so quick and easy to make.
Just carrots, apples and a hint of beetroot – what could be simpler?
The perfect way to cool off on a hot summer’s day.
But I have to confess – there’s still no raspberries in it.
Raw Raspberry Cordial
- 4 med carrots (500g)
- 3 med apples , sweet (300g)
- 1/2 small beetroot (40g)
- Juice carrot, apple and beetroot.
- Strain juice through sieve to remove all pulp.
- Put a few ice-cubes into a glass, pour juice over ice & serve.
- Before: -
- During: 20 mins (juicing) + 10 mins (cleanup)
- After: -
- Need: Juicer
- If you keep everything in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours before you juice it, your juice will come out nice and cool.
- This juice gets its sweetness mainly from the apples (I used Royal Galas), so you can add more apples if you want a sweeter drink, or less if you find it too sweet.
- The beetroot is mainly for colour, so you really don’t need to add very much. It adds a mild earthy taste that will quickly overpower the taste if you add more than you need to.
Want more great recipes like this?
Sign up for email updates and get them delivered straight to your inbox.Yes please!
Have an awesome day!
~ Nikki, Eating Vibrantly