So what do I eat everyday on my raw vegan diet?
Well, the short answer is that it changes regularly. Sometimes it changes so fast that I have trouble keeping up with myself!
But when I started exploring raw food, this was a question I wanted an answer to, because I wanted to know where I might be going with this whole raw food thing.
So to help you understand the raw vegan lifestyle a little better, I’m sharing with you what I’ve been eating on a daily basis for the last couple of weeks.
What I’m eating at the moment
e.g. sunflower pate or avocado Caesar dip
So everything I’m eating is completely vegan and raw, except for the ice-cream, which is partly raw.
I’m currently choosing to eat as much raw food as I can, and when you have as house full of delicious raw food, like we do, it makes it easy and enjoyable to eat a raw vegan diet.
Important things to keep in mind
- I don’t eat the same thing every day. If I did, I would go insane from boredom. But this is a typical day for me at the moment.
- My diet is a perpetual “work in progress” which means that changes regularly, and yours will most likely do the same.
- I did not change from a standard cooked diet to this diet overnight. So far it’s taken me more than two years to get to where I am with raw food.
- I started by adding more raw foods to my diet, not by trying to eliminate cooked foods.
- Be willing to try things, and keep what works and ignore the rest.
- Your body, lifestyle and environment are unique to you, so what works for me, will not necessarily work for you.
- The best way to find the ideal diet for you is to learn to listen to your body’s messages, and eat what makes you feel best.
- Your body will want different things at different times, so learn to go with flow as much as you can.
- There is no such thing as the “right” raw vegan diet. You can’t get it wrong, so just start where you are, try some things and see where it takes you.
So I hope this helps you to get a sense of what a raw vegan lifestyle could look like.
And when it all changes again in a few months, I’ll tell you all about it.
Want more great articles like this?
Sign up for email updates and get them delivered straight to your inbox.Yes please!
Have an awesome day!
~ Nikki, Eating Vibrantly